Cake Decorater / Pastry Chef
Rewarding position – Full-time Position
Our Client, a leading tourism operator, is recruiting a new Pastry Chef for their restaurant, to assist with experience and ideas to help our kitchen to step up to a new level.
- Prepare a wide variety of goods such as cakes, cookies, pies, bread etc. following traditional and modern recipes
- Create new and exciting desserts to renew our menus and engage the interest of customers
- Decorate pastries using different icings, toppings etc. to ensure the presentation will be beautiful and exciting
- Monitor stocks for baking ingredients such as flour, sugar etc. and make appropriate orders within budget
- Check quality of material and condition of equipment and devices used for cooking
- Guide and motivate pastry assistants and bakers to work more efficiently
- Identify staffing needs and help recruit and train personnel
- Maintain a lean and orderly cooking station and adhere to health and safety standards
- Proven experience as Pastry Chef, baker or relevant role
- Great attention to detail and creativity
- Organizing and leadership skills
- Willingness to learn further in professional knowledge
- In depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation and baking techniques and nutrition
- Working knowledge of baking with ingredient limitations (pastries that are gluten free, sugarless etc.)
- Certificate in culinary arts, pastry-making, baking or relevant field will be considered as an asset
✔ IMMEDIATE PLACEMENTS for candidates with excellent English language and communication skills meeting all the above requirements and skills.
The selected candidate will be a self-confident and very well organised professional who portrays an image of efficiency.
Hot jobs at M Recruitment
St. Julians, Malta
Restaurant Manager – Top Hotels
St. Julians, Malta
Perks & Benefits
Attractive wage package for the right candidate.
Full work benefits
This position is offering full benefits under Maltese labour laws.
Since this is a full time position, paid leave as per Maltese law will be provided.
Apply for this job
Interested but still have questions? Contact one of our Recruiters.
You are interested in this or other positions on our site but still have some questions?
Register your details and send us a question and one of our recruitment specialists will contact you back to answer or set up an interview.