The Maltese archipelago lies virtually at the centre of the Mediterranean, 93 km south of Sicily and 288 km north of Africa. The archipelago consists of three islands: Malta, Gozo and Comino with a total population of over 425,000 inhabitants occupying an area of 316 square kilometres.
Malta is the largest island and the cultural, commercial and administrative centre. Gozo is the second largest island and is more rural, characterised by fishing, tourism, crafts and agriculture. Comino, the smallest of the trio, has one hotel and is almost uninhabited.
With superbly sunny weather, attractive beaches, a thriving nightlife and 7,000 years of intriguing history, there is a great deal to see and do.
Besides this rich cultural heritage, Malta offers a solid business and an industrial background that goes back 50 years. Testimony to this, the island is home to hundreds of foreign companies all operating within a well-developed economic and industrial structure. The economy, though small, is remarkably healthy and thriving having proven mostly impervious to the upheavals that recently shook the financial world, which can be thanks to the fact that the economy is diversified, where a downturn in any one sector is compensated for by a continued strong performance in other areas.
Tourism provides the backbone to the Maltese economy framework with a total contribution to a GDP of over 27% in 2017, a figure that is forecast to rise by 4.5% by 2027. Employment in the travel and tourism industry takes up to 30% of overall local work, with around 50,000 jobs. Fact is that this figure is also expected to increase to up to 66,000 jobs by 2027.
Graduates of culinary institutes enjoy a 98% success rate of finding a job, both locally and internationally.
Why Choose M Recruitment Programs?
- M Recruitment has over 10 years of combined experience in job placement & catering consulting in Malta and abroad
- We specialise in catering & hospitality, with a unique relationship with all of our clients in Malta. We are very much “hands-on” in our approach with students, candidates, and our clients.
- With years of experience in international recruitment, M Recruitment will guide you to success in, not only your chosen field of study, but with advice and assistance in your career goals.
- We have options in English Work/Study (Cyprus), Catering Schools (Malta – Culinary, FB Servers), and and exciting, new Bartending Academy (Malta).
- M Recruitment’s established study programs offer you valuable resources internally and with our partners in the EU, assisting you during & after your study program, with locations all over Malta, Cyprus & Spain.
How long do the courses take:
We have courses that range from 1 Semester – 120 Hours (24 ECVETs) to 2 Semesters – 1-year learning programme (60 ECVETs). For more details on each course, you will need to select the programme area of study below to see individual course schedules, start dates and duration.
This could vary from programme to programme, but the basic requirements are as follows…
- 18 years of age
- Medical Exam
- Passport copy
- Secondary (high school) degree (certificate with grades at least 50%+)
- Fluency in English for Hospitality & Catering / Bartender
- Low-mid intermediate level for English study course
- 1-2 years of catering experience (restaurant/hotel)
- EU Citizenship (not mandatory)
What we offer?
- New courses in Hospitality and Food & Beverage
- Flexibility to study, work and manage personal life
- Contemporary training curriculum and knowledge
- Prime locations for learning in beautiful Malta
- An international teaching staff of qualified professionals
- Practical and hands-on experience
- Extracurricular offsite activities & field trips
- Post program work placement & supervision
- Assistance with finding affordable housing
- Partner programmes available in Spain & Cyprus
- M Recruitment & Partner support services from start to finish
What you will learn:
The study programmes tailored towards students currently working in the Food & Beverage or Hospitality industry, wishing to enhance their careers; or for those new to the industry who would like to start a new career path. Our objective is to take our students to the next level of understanding in the service industry, teaching them what it means to offer guests and customers outstanding professional service while improving their effectiveness in achieving their career goals. Moreover, employers who enroll their students, wishing them to develop their current skillsets further, and enrol them in our advanced study programmes, also benefit by improving their company’s overall standards and competitiveness in the
When do courses start and what are the schedules:
Depending on which programme you select, courses can be open-ended that you can apply for year round, or some of the more extended 1-year plans have specific start dates for each semester. For more details on each course, you will need to select the programme area of study below to see individual course details, schedules, start dates and durations.
What qualification will you obtain:
Upon completion of your selected study programme with M Recruitment, you will receive a certificate diploma issues by M Recrtuitment or one of our accredited affiliate partners which certifies that you have completed the course meeting all the requirements.