Do you want to work in Malta as a Bartender ? Get in touch !
The employee is expected to provide an efficient and pleasant dining experience to the Guests dining in the Restaurant/Hotel Restaurant/Café/Bar in line with Company Policies and Procedures and in a true spirit of Hospitality. Additionally, this employee is responsible for training and assisting any new employees.
· Provides prompt and efficient service in a courteous manner, by setting, serving and clearing tables & maintain the bar area always.
· Has excellent knowledge of all menus present in The Restaurant/Bar/Cafe to assist all customers in making the right choice and to also assist any customers with specific dietary requirements.
· Ensures that his/her area is clean, tidy and organised always.
· Maintains all equipment, work areas and store areas properly.
· Ensures that he/she has sufficient mis en plaice for the whole service period.
· Takes customers’ orders promptly and courteously.
· Sends guests’ orders through to the kitchen and bar as per restaurant Procedures, ensuring that, any special requests by guests have been sent through properly.
· Serves guests their food and beverage orders promptly and as per Restaurant/Bar/Café Policy, ensuring that what has been ordered is accurately delivered.
· Follows up with guests to ensure that all that has been presented is to their satisfaction.
· Finishes all set tasks on time, and ensures that all guests are satisfied.
· Assists others as needed.
· Assists in any additional tasks assigned by the Manager with a positive and can-do attitude.
· Performs all secondary duties as requested.
· Is flexible in his/her availability to be able to work shifts as needed.
Selling and Cash Handling
· Ensures that he/she is promoting any specials available in the Café/Bar/Restaurant
· Takes every opportunity to up sell in a professional manner without intimidating or annoying the guest.
· Takes personal responsibility to minimize and avoid wastage as much as possible.
· Handles cash as necessary and instructed by the Cafe Manager/Floor Manager/Bar Manager, ensuring that all transactions tally when cashing up at the end of the shift
Appearance, Human Resources, and Training
· Maintains high standards of personal hygiene, appearance, and conduct.
· Follows the Café/Bar/Restaurant/Hotel Uniform Policy and ensures that he/she is conforming to all HACCP Regulations.
· Maintains effective communication with all his/her colleagues.
· Attends all training as required.
· Develops effective relations with all colleagues.
· Has thorough knowledge of all M Recruitment Company Policies and Procedures and follows them accordingly.
Fostering Good Customer relations
· Smiles and greets all guests upon their entering the Restaurant/Café/Bar, personally escorts them to their table and pulls out at least one chair at the same time showing an “open arm gesture” to welcome the guests to take a seat.
· Treats all customers in a polite and friendly manner, and remains calm and helpful always, especially during difficult situations.
· In the event of guests complaining or not satisfied for any reason, the baristas take immediate action to remedy the situation in accordance with the guest’s needs and requirements. (keeping his/her immediate supervisor informed)
· Ensures guest satisfaction by anticipating needs, and attending to guest requests.
· Is aware of any VIP clients or any clients with special needs or requests present in the Cafe.
Safety and Security
· Is knowledgeable of fire, emergency, and evacuation procedures within the Restaurant/Café/Bar/Hotel
· Ensures that his/her actions do not create any hazards for him/herself, colleagues and guests alike.
· Adheres to all existing health and safety laws and regulations.
· Takes corrective and preventive action to prevent any foreseeable accidents.
· Reports any unsafe or faulty equipment to the Restaurant Manager.
· Takes proper care of all Café/Bar/Restaurant/Hotel Property.