Accountant (Must be in Malta)
We are looking for Accountant to join our Finance Department team. The chosen individual will report to the Managing Director and will ensure that all postings are accurate and up to date and all tasks are carried out that will allow management and final accounts to be issued in a timely manner. S/he will also ensure the smooth running of the day-to-day department activities.
- Prepares monthly management accounts in a timely and accurate manner
- Liaises with banks, auditors, other service providers
- Assists in the audit fieldwork of the Group
- Manages income tax and VAT submissions
- Participates in internal projects, as assigned by senior management
- Ensures that the day-to-day activities of the Finance Department are running smoothly
- Ensures credibility by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts
- Prepares timely monthly reports and monthly graphical reports of company and departmental performance
- Reviews bank reconciliation and unpresented cheques
- Always maintains a professional approach when representing the company with creditors, debtors, financial and legal institutions
- Performs other duties, as may be reasonably assigned from time to time by senior management
- Diploma/Degree in Accounting will be considered an asset
- Experience in internal audit will be considered an asset
- Is proficient in Excel and Accounting software
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organisation and with staff at remote locations
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Act with courageous integrity
- Has strong interpersonal skills
- Has a sharp eye for detail
- Displays strong confidentiality and work ethics
IMMEDIATE PLACEMENTS for candidates meeting all the above requirements and skills.