A vacancy has arisen for a self-motivated Accounts Executive to join a friendly and interactive environment. The candidate must have a high level of concentration and be able to work quickly and professionally.
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Establish tables of accounts and assign entries to proper accounts
- Postings in Sales, Purchasing and Nominal ledgers
- Manages the Online electronic banking
- Month end and year end reconciliation
- Producing monthly reports
- Identify and implement processes to improve internal processes
- Reconciliation of petty cash on a monthly basis
- Responsible to submit Vat returns
- Responsible to manage company Cheque book
- Bank reconciliations
- Reconcile the intercompany statements
- Dealing with audit queries
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting or other tax requirements
- Maintaining the Fixed Asset register and liaise with other respective departments for traceability of assets within the Malta office
- Someone who has an understanding of Maltese VAT and Tax legislation.
- Organised and have good attention to detail.
- Able to think on their feet and apply practical solutions within a fast-paced and diverse business.
- Able to work in a team environment but self-motivated.
- Communicative and have good interpersonal skills.
- Experience in using Shireburn.
- An Accountant with at least 4-5 years of experience in financial or gaming business
- Have a University degree in accounting or ACCA qualified
- Proficient use of MS Excel
- Knowledge of Sage and/or Xero
- Excellent written and oral skills in English
- Highly motivated, accurate, responsible and proactive
- Be able to work under pressure and flexible hours including weekend and public holiday if required
- Previous experience and understanding of Gaming industry would be an asset
Applicants must be in Malta.
IMMEDIATE PLACEMENTS for candidates with fluent English, meeting all the above requirements.