One of our clients is looking to employ a Cafeteria Manager. The chosen candidate will play a pivotal role in overseeing the daily operations of the cafeteria, ensuring efficient service, maintaining high standards of food quality, and fostering a positive dining experience for customers. This position involves a combination of administrative tasks, staff supervision, and customer service responsibilities.
- Plan and organise daily cafeteria operations, including meal preparation, service, and cleanup.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations and maintain cleanliness standards in accordance with local health codes.
- Monitor inventory levels of food and supplies, placing orders as needed to maintain adequate stock levels.
- Develop and implement operational procedures to optimise efficiency and minimise waste.
Menu Planning and Food Quality:
- Collaborate with kitchen staff to develop menus that meet nutritional guidelines, customer preferences, and budgetary constraints.
- Monitor food preparation methods to ensure quality, consistency, and adherence to established recipes and standards.
- Conduct regular inspections of food items to assess freshness and quality.
Staff Supervision and Training:
- Recruit, hire, and train cafeteria staff, including cooks, servers, and cleaning personnel.
- Schedule staff to ensure adequate coverage during peak hours and special events.
- Provide ongoing training and performance feedback to staff members, promoting a culture of excellence and teamwork.
- Interact with customers to address concerns, gather feedback, and ensure a positive dining experience.
- Resolve customer complaints or issues in a professional and timely manner.
- Implement strategies to enhance customer satisfaction and loyalty, such as loyalty programs or special promotions.
- Manage budgetary constraints and expenses, seeking cost-effective solutions without compromising quality.
- Monitor sales and revenue, analysing trends and making adjustments as necessary to maximise profitability.
- Prepare reports on financial performance, budget variance, and other relevant metrics for management review.
Compliance and Regulations:
- Ensure compliance with all relevant food safety regulations, including proper food handling, storage, and sanitation practices.
- Stay updated on changes in regulations and industry trends, implementing necessary adjustments to maintain compliance.
- Previous experience in food service management, preferably in a cafeteria or similar setting.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively manage and motivate a diverse team.
- Excellent organisational and time management abilities, with a keen attention to detail.
- Proficiency in food safety regulations and best practices.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to handle challenging situations calmly and professionally.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Certification in food safety or relevant training programs may be required depending on local regulations.