Chef de Partie
Chef De Partie
A great opportunity has arisen to work onboard cruise and river ships as a Chef de Partie.The selected candidate is to prepare meals to the guests’ fullest satisfaction and in accordance with the company’s standards and HACCP rules.
- Professional preparation and distribution of daily meals including breakfast, lunch, teatime, and dinner for crew and guests in accordance with Executive Chef manual and menu cycle
- Ordering of stock in cooperation with Executive Chef
- Correct handling of all products and equipment
- Ensuring perfect cleanliness in working area in accordance with HACCP rules
- Conducting stock takes; inventory according to company procedures
- Preparation to open and close ships at start and end of season
- Assistance in other departments upon instruction from supervisors (if required)
- Performance according to company standards and HACCP rules
- Participation in loading processes
- Correct storage of stock; establishing of par levels
- Active participation in onboard training programs
- Luggage duty on embarkation and disembarkation day
- The holder of the position undertakes not to pass over the company’s information, manuals, information on business developments and EDP data to any third party or publicise or retain same for personal use after leaving the job. The company reserves the right to demand compensation for damages in the event of a breach of this instruction and take legal action against the staff.
- Conduct and appearance in accordance with the rules and regulations of the company
- A minimum of two years professional experience in hotel / catering industry / restaurants
- International / ship experience is an asset
- Good English communication skills, other languages are an asset
- Ability to work independently, service-oriented and guest focused
- Ability to train and motivate subordinates
- Flexibility and stress resistance, team player, commitment, positive personality, neat appearance
- Must be able to work alone, in different shifts (daytime or night-time) as scheduled by the management, under pressure and focused at all times, even under difficult conditions, a positive can-do attitude and showcasing the best image of the company
Cruise ships roles are subject to appearance standards (including in relation to visible tattoos) and employees are expected to project a professional image at all times.
Visible tattoos are not permitted on all vessels. Tattoo removal is not encouraged and is the candidate’s personal decision.
Any offer of employment is subject to all mandatory medical examinations as required by the respective company.