Chef De Rang
Chef de Rang
Reports to: Floor Manager/Supervisor/Restaurant Manager
Our client, a high-end, Michelin-star restaurant located in central Malta, is looking for a ‘Chef De Rang’ to join their F&B team.
Job Description includes:
- Manages stations effectively by ensuring that all commis waiters are carrying out their duties per the Restaurant policies and procedures.
- Is aware and knowledgeable of the names of any VIP’s or key clients dining in the restaurant, and informs all commis waiters accordingly.
- Provides prompt and efficient service in a courteous manner, by setting, serving, and clearing tables.
- Has excellent knowledge of all menus present in The Restaurant to assist all customers in making the right choice and to also assist any customers with specific dietary requirements, and ensures that all commis waiters are also knowledgeable.
- Consults with the Manager on any last-minute arrangements and coordinates such arrangements through the kitchen and waiting staff accordingly.
- Ensures that his/her stations are always clean, tidy, and organised.
- Maintains all equipment, works areas, and store areas properly
- Ensures that he/she has sufficient mis en plaice for the service period
- Ensures that tables are set up as per reservations and guest requirements
- Inspects all equipment, chinaware, crockery, glassware etc. to ensure that all is in good order
- Takes customers’ orders promptly and courteously
- Sends guests’ orders through to the kitchen and bar as per Restaurant Procedures, ensuring that any special requests by guests have been sent through properly
- Assists in any additional tasks assigned by the Manager with a positive and can do attitude
- Follows up with guests to ensure that all that has been presented at the table is to their satisfaction.
- Ensures the smooth running or his/her station always
- Finishes all set tasks on time, and ensures that all guests are satisfied.
- 1-2 years experience in current role, in a 5-star/high-end environment
- In possession of a valid food handlers license
- Good standard education, preferably from catering vocational school
- Be familiar with HACCP Standards and Health & Safety Regulations
- Demonstrate understanding and awareness of all policies and procedures
- Fluent English is a must.
IMMEDIATE PLACEMENTS for candidates with fluent English, meeting all the above requirements.