Commi (Candidates must be in Malta or able to travel to Malta easily)
Reports to: Head Chef
Immediate opening for a Commi in a gourmet fish shop. Applicants need to have experience with cooking fish using different methods (griglia/acqua pazza/al forno/al sale/ al cartoccio), oysters, crab, other Crustaceans, shellfish, crudi, tartare and fritturi).
✔ Apply by sending your CV to – [email protected]
The employee is expected to hold a Food Handlers License as per Maltese Government Legislation, as well as a basic food preparation certificate. This person will be responsible for food preparation (mis en plaice), as well as cooking and plating food during service as per menus and food preparation methods of the Restaurant.
· Perform daily food preparation duties (mis en plaice) as requested by the Head Chef.
· Stock up kitchen as needed in preparation for service.
· Be fully aware of all menu items, their recipes, methods of cooking and presentation standards.
· Have good knowledge of all standard procedures and policies pertaining to food preparation, receiving, storage and sanitation.
· Perform daily orders from stores to kitchen and carry out the required stock rotation.
· Prepare hot and cold dishes as per menu.
· Prepare any other food to order as requested by the guests due to eating habits or dietary requirements.
· Seek own solutions to minor obstacles that may arise from time to time and keep the Head Chef informed.
· Is effective in cost control for all items in stock.
· Ability to produce own work in accordance with deadlines, and to assist and encourage junior members in achieving this aim.
· Ensure full cooperation and communication with all other members of the Kitchen Team, as well as the Service team.
· Ensures strong communication with the Head chef.
· Performs any cleaning jobs as required to ensure that the Kitchen and all kitchen equipment are kept clean and safe.
Appearance, Human Resources, and Training:
· Maintains high standards of personal hygiene, appearance and conduct.
· Follows the Restaurant/Hotel Uniform Policy.
· Maintains effective communication with all his/her colleagues.
· Attends all training as required by the Restaurant/Hotel.
· Develops effective relations with all colleagues.
· Has thorough knowledge of all M Recruitment Company Policies and Procedures and follows them accordingly.
Safety and Security
· Is knowledgeable of fire, emergency and evacuation procedures within the Restaurant/Hotel.
· Ensures that his/her actions do not create any hazards for him/herself, colleagues and guests alike.
· Is fully aware of all food allergens present in the restaurant menu.
· Adheres to all existing Maltese health and safety laws and regulations.
· Takes corrective and preventive action to prevent any foreseeable accidents.
· Demonstrates proper and safe usage of all kitchen equipment.
· When using chemicals and cleaning materials, he/she does so in accordance with the instructions provided.
· Reports any unsafe or faulty equipment to the Head Chef.
· Ensures that junior members of the team are aware of Health and Safety and Fire regulations, and that they are abiding by them.
· Takes proper care of all Restaurant/Hotel Property.
✔ What we’re offering:
▪︎ 40+ hour work week
▪︎ Competitive, fixed EU salary (depends on level & experience)
IMMEDIATE PLACEMENTS for candidates with fluent English, meeting all the above requirements.