Cost Control Analyst
Cost Control Analyst – Must be in Malta or EU Citizen
One of our clients ,a well known grocery shop, is looking for a person, ideally with a background in retail or hospitality to assume responsibility for their company’s cost analyst function.
Reporting to the Chief Finance Officer, the primary objective of the Cost Control Analyst is to manage the accounts payables team as well as control and monitor the shops’ expenditure including
verifying and checking of invoices and claims from suppliers, vendors and subcontractors to ensure capture and recording of all expenditures.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Managing a team of eight persons, besides the stock-takers, the main responsibilities entail:
- Developing and maintaining a cost accounting framework
- Reviewing and investigating cost budget variances
- Analysis of cost of goods and labour in management accounts
- Analysis of wastages and consumables
- Managing an independent stock-take team involved in daily inventory counts and spot checks
- Analysis of stock variances from physical inventory cycle counts and stock-takes
- Rebate reconciliations to ensure completeness of amounts invoiced and credit notes received
- Driving process improvements to reach goals and KPI’s
- Performing ad-hoc financial analysis as needed to support business
- Identifying and recommending cost-effective solutions
- Assist in the preparation of financial presentations for senior management and board meetings
- 3+ years related experience, preferably in retail or hospitality
- Experience with ERP and stock management systems
- Degree in accounting or equivalent
- Strong attention to detail, analytical, problem solving, and organisational skills
All applications will be acknowledged and treated in strictest confidence.
IMMEDIATE PLACEMENTS for candidates meeting all the above requirements and skills.