One of our esteemed clients is looking for a Financial Controller to be part of a team of professionals who assist in the Group’s financial strategy and operations.
The main duties and responsibilities are:
- Create a culture which empowers budget holders and staff and supports the delivery of value for money services, including reporting on benchmark information and key cost drivers.
- Provide effective leadership and operational management of the resources and performance team, ensuring that staff adopt the values and expected behaviors of the organizations, to deliver a high-performance culture. Training to be the core element to improve and sharpen the team’s performance.
- Following up with the Financial Controllers of all group entities existing and future to ensure deadlines and tasks assigned by the Group CFO are maintained.
- Ensure the financial infrastructure is stable and supports the demands of future growth
- Assist and lead a program to ensure that the internal Policies are finalized for the whole group monitoring the internal auditor and reporting directly to the Group CFO.
- Collaborate with employees, using effective communication and influencing skills to gain support for positive change initiatives.
- Lead and assist in changes that need to be carried out as instructed by the Group CFO.
- Actively leading the preparation of the yearly budget and regular forecasts together with other Department Heads and Group CFO
- Working with other Departments to prepare and interpret financial information relative to upcoming and existing projects or business opportunities.
- Upholding the internal and financial control environment of the Company.
- Ensuring the timely monitoring of debtors, credit control and effective reporting to the Group CFO, and Senior Management as required.
- Supervising and monitoring the work of the Finance Department personnel in line with Group policies and procedures, accounting standards and fiscal requirements.
- Proposing, drafting and executing policies and procedures to administer the Finance Department and financial areas within the company in collaboration with the Group CFO.
- Actively looking for and proposing improvements to the manual and electronic processes utilized in the Finance Department to carry out day-to-day activities.
- Managing, leading and motivating the members of the Finance Department on a continuous basis in line with the culture of the Group.
- Carrying out ad hoc duties as may be reasonably assigned by the Group CFO.
- The Group CFO may assign Temporary duties in the eventuality the one of the finance roles cannot be fulfilled for whatever reason may be at the discretion of the Group CFO.
- Experience as a Financial Controller, it would be an asset if experience is in the hospitality industry
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
- Able to manage, guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate financial processes are being used;
- A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles;
- Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations;
- BS/MA degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics or ACCA.