One of our clients in hospitality is looking for an Executive Housekeeper to supervise and coordinate all activities of all room attendants and public area attendants. To manage and direct the day-to-day operations of all housekeeping and laundry functions. To participate in and enforce quality assurance for the housekeeping department and department cost control measures.
- Maintain the highest standard of cleanliness and service.
- On a daily basis, obtain the necessary reports (i.e. arrival, departure and in-house guests lists) to prepare and distribute all work assignments of the day to the housekeeping room attendants and public area attendants.
- Prepare and distribute duties for turndown service for all guest rooms, inspecting that all company SOP’s are carried out correctly and in a timely manner.
- Inspects all duties carried out by the housekeeping team in guest rooms and public areas and ensure that all assigned tasks are carried out in a timely manner according to the company’s SOPs.
- To maintain clear and consistent communication with the hotel’s Front Desk to ensure a smooth operation, and to ensure that any special requests made by guests are carried out efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Schedule regular carpet cleaning, upholstery and draperies as required, along with deep cleaning projects and window cleaning.
- Schedule the cleaning of all public areas, including the lobby area, public restrooms, hallways, entrances, elevators, the hotel’s dining area and the immediate exterior of the hotel, and inspecting that these tasks are carried out according to the company’s SOPs.
- Responsible for cleaning supplies and linen stock to ensure adequate supplies are always available for the housekeeping team to carry out the duties assigned to them.
- Assist in controlling expenses by the housekeeping department.
- Prepare store requisition, assist in the purchasing of other supplies and equipment, also monitor stock on all housekeeping guest supplies and amenities.
- Investigate concerns regarding housekeeping service and equipment and takes corrective action.
- Provide staff training, coaching and counselling and enforces the hotel’s standard operating procedures, suggesting new procedures where required.
- Ensure guest rooms are properly secured and that proper key control procedures are utilized by the housekeeping staff.
- Communicate with the Maintenance Team regarding any pending issues in guest rooms or public areas and ensure that these issues are followed up in a timely manner.
- Encourage and reward housekeeping employees to meet and exceed guest expectations.
- Daily confirm all housekeeping staff members have arrived and find substitutes for absent employees, assisting in all cleaning procedures where necessary.
- Review guest feedback regarding housekeeping points, act on negative feedback, and also share guest compliments with staff members.
- Orient and familiarise new personnel with hotel facilities and services.
- Control all expenditures relating to housekeeping, including labour, guest room supplies, and all cleaning supplies and equipment.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as required.
- Minimum 2 years housekeeping experience at a supervisory level
- Must be able to communicate effectively and to speak clearly in English. (Other languages will be considered an asset.)
- The ability to write reports with the correct format and using Microsoft Office
- Positive attitude, good communication skills with excellent grooming standards
- The ability to remain patient and composed in stressful situations.
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service.
- The ability to work on your own initiative, as well as part of a team.
- Willing to work shifts including on weekends and public holidays