Care Home Manager (Must be in Malta/EU National)
Care Home Manager (Must be in Malta/EU National)
Reports to: The Directors
One of our clients, a residential carehome for the elderly, are seeing to employ a Care Home Manager on a full-time basis. The Facility Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day operations, managing budgets and ensuring that the services provided are of the highest quality and meet the latest standards of care issued by the Social Care Standards Authority.
- Be a visible leader who is accessible to residents, employees, visitors and other External Healthcare professions
- Managing budgets and daily/monthly reporting
- Chairing Staff Meetings.
- Ensure that all new staff are given a full induction program and ensure that all staff have a program of ongoing education, training and development and that all mandatory training required to perform roles is completed and subject to regular updates.
- Be familiar with and ensure that the home is compliant with the latest standards of care issued by the Social Care Standards Authority.
- Maintaining quality standards and ensuring health and safety compliance.
- Liaising with, and maintain partnerships with, other local community organizations.
- Ensuring that activities such as personal care and administering of medicines is done within regulations.
- Overseeing the organization of activities for residents.
- Dealing with any complaints / concerns of residents and their relatives.
- Oversee the execution and following of the company policies and procedures.
- Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with customers including AACC, Social Care Standard Authority and Suppliers.
- Ensure that the care services are clearly visible as a local Resource integrated within the community.
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the residents.
- Plan, direct and coordinate the operations of the Care Home.
- Managing daily operations and planning the use of materials and human resources.
- Oversee activities directly related to providing a good service to the residents
- Review activity reports and other performance data and determine areas needing cost reduction, increased efficiency and improvement.
- Establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures conferring with the government officials and staff members as necessary
- Determine staffing requirements and oversee those personnel processes.
- Supervises the departmental seniors to ensure they adhere to the company’s policies and standards in achieving its goals
- Anticipates issues, prioritizes and develops a proper action plan, and ensures that they are completed within set deadlines.
- Monitor the departments to ensure that they efficiently and effectively provide the needed services while staying within budgetary limits.
- Provide regular information to the Directors on all matters relating to resident admissions, moves, incidents or events together with purchases and equipment requirements.
- Provide regular written reports as required/requested internally or externally. These will be completed in a clear and cohesive manner to ensure that the key facts are clearly identified
- Ensure that all of the Care Quality Commission’s requirements of written record keeping and notifications are strictly adhered to.
- Be aware of consumption in the nursing and caring areas.
- Ensure that all accidents and incidents are recorded and the relevant procedure is adhered to.
- To report regularly to the directors, advising her/him of any issues within the home in order that remedial action can be taken promptly.
- Ensure that all required audits are completed in a timely manner and that all relating corrective actions are carried out.
- Ensure competency and safe maintenance of all medical devices within the sphere of responsibility reporting and following up any broken/unsafe equipment or structures.
This job description is not exhaustive and other duties may be required according to the needs of the home. It may be subject to amendment in light of development or change within the service or service delivery.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- A passion for working with people and providing person-centered care
- The ability to lead and make decisions
- The capacity to work under pressure and to approach work with strong problem-solving skills
- Good organizational skills and the ability to priorities work
- An understanding of the need to keep up-to-date with legislation, relevant to their service.
- Confidential Information relating to residents, employees and business of the home must be treated in the strictest confidence.
An attractive remuneration package will be given to the right applicant.
IMMEDIATE PLACEMENTS for candidates meeting all the above requirements and skills.