Guest Service Agent
Guest Service Agent
A great opportunity has arisen to work onboard river ships as Guest Service Agents (Receptionist/Concierge). The selected candidate will need to provide guests with friendly, personalised front-desk service, including concierge services.
- Being the centre of information for all guests
- Responsible for transactions of all on board sales
- Operation of phone switchboard, cashless system and safety system
- Full understanding of guest information system and guarantee of its smooth operation
- 24 hours Concierge Services
- Organisation and planning of embarkation / disembarkation of guests
- Preparation and execution of a smooth check-in and check-out
- Read and update the logbook daily and take action accordingly
- Check guest manifests and special request lists for all arriving guests
- Ensure that all guest complaints received are either settled immediately or referred to the relative party for follow up. Guest to be promptly advised of all actions taken
- Prepares the guest lists, party invitations, menus, and special notes from the ships management
- Assist management with any guest medical disembarkations
- Coordination, confirmation and assistance with guests’ departure arrangements and other travel connections, such as flight changes
- Organising guest information documents (city maps / brochures / handouts)
- Assistance with coordination and dispatching of shore excursions
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require patience, tact and diplomacy, collect accurate information and ability to resolve conflicts efficiently.
- Outstanding flexibility: must be able to work alone, in different shifts (daytime or night-time) as scheduled by the management, under pressure and reflect at all times, even under difficult conditions, a positive can-do attitude and portraying the best image of the company.
- Entering and controlling of guest checks into IT systems
- Become knowledgeable about all itinerary-related ports of call and shore excursions
- Production of the daily program
- Update of onboard Information system
- Knowledgeable in computer systems, such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and other specific onboard programmes.
- Full knowledge about safety & security procedures, participations in all training concerning safety & security, fire prevention, evacuation exercises as required by the company
- In the night shift: hourly fire, safety and security patrols
- Is able to raise the internal alarms correctly
- High-school diploma / secondary level education required
- Diploma/Degree with hospitality focus considered an asset
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience required in a cruise line job or high standard hotel in a similar position, Front Office department
- Must be able to deal correctly with confidential information, be discrete
- Must be well-groomed and maintain impeccable hygiene standards
- Extensive walking required and ability to stand on feet for a long time
- Hours may vary based upon organisational needs and operational demands
- Guest-focused, service-oriented, positive personality and professional appearance
- Flexible and stress-resistant, team player, shows commitment
- Relative accounting and administration skills
- Fluent in English – must be able to address any kind of information in an adequate manner with excellent oral & written English communication skills. Other languages are an asset.
Cruise ships roles are subject to appearance standards (including in relation to visible tattoos) and employees are expected to project a professional image at all times.
Visible tattoos are not permitted on all vessels. Tattoo removal is not encouraged and is the candidate’s personal decision.
Any offer of employment is subject to all mandatory medical examinations as required by the respective company.