Head Chef – Chef De Cuisine
Head Chef – Chef De Cuisine (Must be in Malta / EU Citizen)
Our client, a grab and go food concept focusing on freshly prepared Pan Asian Street food, is a looking for a responsible Head Chef to run the kitchen and manage their culinary team.
- Controlling and directing the food prep process
- Approving final products before leaving the kitchen.
- Determining and controlling food inventory, needs stocking and purchasing
- Be the ultimate responsible person to ensure kitchen meets and maintains all regulations including sanitary and food safety guidelines
- Being responsible for health and hygiene
- Being cost and waste conscious
- Ensure kitchen maximum efficiency both from production and operation.
- Forecast supply and cost estimates
- Interview kitchen staff
- Train kitchen staff
- Ensure high quality standards and consistency
- Assign and delegate tasks to all kitchen staff
- Ensure proper use of equipment
- Handle kitchen rosters
- Reach targets set by the establishment
- Manage kitchen staff in retail outlet where sushi is prepared
- 3 or more years of experience in a same or similar role
- Has good business acumen
- Former culinary training and experience in Asian cuisine and commissary kitchen experience
- Leadership skills
- Have extensive food and beverage knowledge
- Exhibit strong organisational skills and has attention to detail
- Handling practices and regulations, positive attitude ability to work under pressure
- Be a self-motivator and having the capacity to motivate others
- Be in possession of excellent communication skills
- Speak English fluently
IMMEDIATE PLACEMENTS for candidates with fluent English, meeting all the above requirements.