Maintenance Supervisor (Applicants MUST be in Malta)
One of our clients, a hotel based in central Malta, is looking for a ‘Maintenance Supervisor’ to join their maintenance team on a full-time basis. S/he will oversee and complete day-to -day maintenance works from all hotel departments in a timely manner as per standard operating procedures.
- Informing the Operations Manager of all ongoing repairs, check lists and to perform duties assigned
- Responding to guest repair requests
- Learning and understanding hotel infrastructure
- Updating and logging maintenance works and check lists
- Have a general understanding and interpretation of readings, i.e meters, gauges and other units of measure.
- Prioritising day-to-day tasks and planning works assigned. This is cover plumbing, electrical, cosmetic and general maintenance duties
- Liaising with Front desk and Housekeeping departments
- Testing hotel equipment like water pumps, pressure pumps, flushing systems, showers and sinks, plug sockets, pool systems, AC systems, fridges, lighting systems, vacuum cleaners and perform basic repair were necessary
- Maintaining an organised and clean workshop environment
- Maintaining a stock inventory of ongoing hotel maintenance parts (ex. Bulb stock, shower heads, toilet seats, pool chemicals, flushing systems and other general items including all maintenance inventory)
- Handling fire alarm/flood detection systems
- Training and instruct other maintenance/or members of staff through sharing of knowledge and skills (E.g. explaining to housekeepers how to properly use and maintain a vacuum cleaner, avoiding technical issues and unnecessary costs for repairs)
- Supporting all areas of the business where necessary and ensuring that all hotel equipment is operating correctly
- Possess a minimum 2 years experience in a similar role
- Have experience in areas such as plumbing, electrics, carpentry, painting, tiling, general building
- Other specialist skilled trades are a considerable asset for the role and will be given priority
- Be a team player, share ideas, skills, knowledge
- Show willingness to improve
- Taking initiative and being proactive
- Work under pressure.
- Have a positive attitude, listen and willingness to learn
- Be time flexible based on hotel demands
- Possess the ability to multitask in a busy environment
- Work under pressure, troubleshoot, act and exercise good judgement
- Have a good understanding of English, oral and written
- Have a good level of English
IMMEDIATE PLACEMENTS for candidates meeting all the above requirements and skills.