Motor Vehicle Mechanic
One of our clients is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic Motor Vehicle Mechanic / Technician to join our dynamic team. The Motor Vehicle Mechanic is responsible to diagnose any mechanical faults, to carry out servicing and repairs of vehicles in an efficient and effective manner and to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the vehicle is protected at all times using the appropriate protection such as seat covers, floor mats, steering wheel covers and wing protectors
- Carry out any duties in a cautious manner to avoid causing any accidental damage to vehicles.
- Ensure that all repairs and services are done within the stipulated time schedule and in accordance with the job card specifications.
- Ensure that faults have been reported on the job card especially if any new faults have been recognised or whether any follow-up actions are needed.
- Report to the workshop assistant on the general condition of motorcycles / vehicles with an emphasis on customer safety and any current or possible future vehicle faults and servicing requirements noticed.
- Make sure proper use of tools and equipment is provided.
- Ensure the correct collection, usage, return and disposal of parts and tools used.
- Ensure that all the work carried out is compliant with the manufacturer’s safety standards.
- Ensure customer satisfaction in the service and repair of motorcycles of all types.
- Keep the work area clean and tidy, and ensure that the overall cleanliness of the workshop to promote and maintain a safe working environment.
- Ensure that protective clothing and equipment provided by the company are used and always worn.
- Examine the vehicles for service and repair, identify any faults and determine the cause and the type of repair and parts required for the vehicle.
- Manually dismantle, reassemble and replace parts under supervision.
- Perform basic mechanical work for both warranty and customer requests.
- Keep updated on franchise standards, new vehicle models, manufacturer’s technical specifications and new vehicle technology.
- Attend training organised both locally and abroad when and as required.
- Adheres strictly to Health and safety regulations and makes full use of protective clothing and equipment given by the company.
- Report any health hazards to the Workshop Coordinator / Health and Safety Representative / Health and Safety Coordinator.
- Report any near misses or injuries to the Senior Operations Manager / Health and Safety Representative / Health and Safety Coordinator.
- Perform any other duties assigned by his direct superior when and as required, including carrying out similar jobs on motor vehicles when required.
- Carry out any additional duties assigned by the After Sales Manager.
- Operation monitoring
- Equipment maintenance
- Time management
Qualifications and experience
- Qualification as a Motor Vehicle Mechanic / Technician
- Good verbal and written communication
- Computer literacy
- Prior experience working in an automotive set-up
- Health insurance.
- Loyalty card.
- Specialized training locally or abroad