An exciting opportunity has arisen to work on board an established cruiseline company as a ‘nurse’. As an onboard Nurse, chosen applicants will be providing nursing services to all employees and guests and supports the Staff Captain and other shipboard medical personnel in all health-related matters at sea.
- Ensure safe and high-quality patient care that is in line with the Cruiseline company values and policies.
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to ensure the best care for patients.
- Maintain a positive workplace culture.
- Be supportive and promote ongoing learning and education for all staff in the unit.
- Actively participate in quality improvement projects for the source
- Maintains the Medical Centre in a permanent state of sanitary cleanliness;
- Maintains accurate inventory of medications/medical supplies/ equipment;
- Performs water analysis and testing, following the standard procedure;
- Performs quick tests and examination if required and in accordance with Doctor’s instructions;
- Operates shoreside first-aid service in ports where guests and/or crew may not have access to regular emergency services.
- At least 8 months of ICU and A&E experience.
- Must have ACLS and BCLS that have been revalidated within the last 15 months and valid for the duration of their contract.
- Must me empathetic and compassionate
- Must be a team player
Working Conditions and Benefits:
- Attractive Salary package
- Pay can be according to hours onboard (vacation leave/hours off-board not included)
- Contract type, working schedule and hours vary according the cruise line company’s requirements
The cruise company provides the following to the nurse / crew member as part of their employment free of charge:
- Travel to and from the ship (economy class)
- Single berth cabin
- Full Deck privileges onboard – employees are allowed to use the passenger facilities on board when they are not working – but they won’t be dining in the guest restaurants, they eat in the Officers Mess.
- Full uniform provided – they need to provide their own black shoes.
- Family travel – family can travel with the employee once they s/he completed 6 months with the company, they can travel up to 60 days per year.
Candidate will be be required to attend an online Zoom interview with a cruise line representative and if selected, will be given a join date and ship to work towards.