Operations Manager – MUST BE IN MALTA OR AN EU CITIZEN
Reporting to the: Senior Operations Manager
One of our clients, a company operating a number of restaurants on the island, is looking for a dedicated full-time ‘Operations Manager’ to ensure the smooth running of all establishments. This is a hands-on role where the chosen applicant will need to a be self-motivator, quick-thinker, problem-solver and an excellent communicator.
• Assists Restaurant Managers by maintaining and improving the Food and Beverage Service, productivity, manning levels, effective people management and assisting in training as needed.
• Takes full responsibility for the Front of House in the absence of the Restaurant Managers/ Assistant Managers.
• Ensures that all menu items and prices on the Restaurant POS Systems and customer menus are up to date.
• Knows all menus and their contents to assist waiting staff and customers as needed and guide accordingly.
• Supervises Restaurant staff, verifying that all areas are neat and tidy and clean
• Inspects and ensures that all equipment is in good working order and clean.
• Informs waiters about any last minute arrangements and coordinates with kitchen accordingly.
• Ensure that the Restaurant tables are set up in preparation for service.
• Inspects all equipment on a regular basis to ensure that it is safe and in good condition and conforms with all local laws as well as HACCP.
• Takes the initiative to recommend any improvements in methods or work practices, or any changes needed in equipment and lay out to the Restaurant Manager.
• At least 2 years’ of experience in current role, ideally with experience in fast-paced venue
• Must be standards driven and detail-oriented
• Must have the ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment
• Must be flexible with regards to hours
• Must have excellent self-presentation
• Should have basic knowledge of HACCP
• Catering & Hospitality vocational degree/certification a plus
• Good command of spoken/written English
IMMEDIATE PLACEMENTS for candidates meeting all the above requirements and skills