Operations manager (Applicant MUST be in Malta)
One of our clients, a new coffee franchise, is looking for an Operations Manager to manage two operating brands with various retail outlets across Malta and Gozo: A coffee house franchise which will be present with a number of coffee shops around Malta and; an Asian grab and go concept which will be present in a number of locations with small retail outlets and pop ups in Malta and Gozo. Both brands will have a centralized location for both prep and storage.
- Work, and develop relationships, with external suppliers to ensure the very best reputation within the industry, and receives the service required to ensure that the operational Food and Beverage team can deliver the highest quality product, and the highest financial return
- Work closely with the kitchen Manager to ensure correct stock levels are available from central distribution area, to assist the operational Food and Beverage team in all outlets
- Ensure strict compliance with all relevant Hygiene and Safety legislation and requirements
- Ensure that the industry standard with regard to safety and hygiene
- Champion a training culture within the team to ensure succession planning, and a culture that exceeds the very best the industry has to offer
- Constantly reviewing the product range to ensure that all key quality standards are maintained
- The Food & Beverage Department has a wide number of external contractors and the Operations Manager will maintain close, professional, effective links with all. They will ensure that suppliers deliver to stated agreements, best practices are followed and technological advances are sought
- Manage all internal stakeholders: both, other departments within the park who deliver services to the Food and Beverage team; and support the Central Support
- Assist the kitchen director with managing Health & Safety and Food Hygiene, ensuring there is strict compliance with all legislation
- Representative on the H&S Committee and be the first point of contact for the Environmental Health Officer, and responsible for investigating any alleged food poisoning cases, for reporting to the Food and Beverage Director
- Collate and disseminate food safety alerts when appropriate and be responsible for ensuring departmental compliance with the group health and safety policy
- Responsible for maintaining and helping enforce the agreed brand standards for each unit by conducting and managing monthly audits
- S/he will be the department representative for Special Events, working each special event as the departmental duty manager
- Planning associated with each event, right through to delivery
- Responsible for all trade press subscriptions and ensuring relevant information is passed on to the shop Managers and Assistant Managers
- Liaise with the Marketing team, kitchen directors and owners to collate and respond to all customer correspondence, ensuring this is communicated to the entire Food and Beverage team, where appropriate
- Responsible for ensuring spend per head is increased year on year, without jeopardising guest satisfaction and quality
- Maintain the F&B Management invoices and journals, manage and monitor expenditure associated with catering equipment repair, manage the asset register and assist in budget setting each year for the department
- Manage the incentive scheme, allocating and verifying spending and assisting in report analysis on stock and sales, highlighting and acting on any anomalies
- Create and be required to operate within efficient labour budgets for each season, tracking labour spending and providing input regarding capital projects and initiatives
- Take full responsibility for managing and meeting all committed budgets related to the Staff recruitment
- The jobholder will act as a purchasing officer and budget controller for the retail outlets, creating a professional relationship with all suppliers.
- Ordering of equipment within financial constraints, invoice querying and establishing a positive relationship with the park Finance Department
- Assist in the planning and implementation of new ideas and menu specifications each season, working closely with Central Support to ensure they fit with guidelines and are to the high quality our guests expect
- Consistently review products delivered to ensure KPIs are met and take up any shortcomings with suppliers
- Take line ownership of the Corporate Event menus, signing them off seasonally, in conjunction with the Corporate Events Manager.
- Be conversant in latest trends in food nutrition for our target audience and contribute to the ongoing nutritional developments
- S/he Is expected to provide constant leadership, counselling, advice and feedback to their peers
Other responsibilities include:
- Runs daily operations of outlets.
- Handles staff and rosters.
- Responsible for sales targets.
- Handles direct reviews and requests.
- Point of contact for purchasing goods.
- Involved in all HR selection
- Conducts or oversees all training to new employees.
- Handles all implementations for all retail campaign, changes, signage
- Has to oversee functionality and efficiency of retail outlets
- Degree in Business, Operations Management, or related field
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in similar role, within the catering sector
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills, attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Great communication skills and having the ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Having a great work ethic and a friendly, positive attitude
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Possess problem-solving skills
- S/he would be a person who works on their own initiative and is autonomous
- Speaks fluent English and Maltese
An attractive remuneration package will be given to the right candidate.
IMMEDIATE PLACEMENTS for candidates with fluent English, meeting all the above requirements.