One of the largest hoteliers in Malta is looking for an Outlet Chef to manage one of its outlets in the Northern part of the island. The main responsibilities of the role include providing an efficient, high-quality and cost-effective food service, including all food production in the outlet, functions, budgets, menu development, purchasing, hygiene standards and staff supervision.
- Development of labour and food budgets for the outlet.
- Schedule the work of the chefs and all other kitchen employees and ensure the production is technically correct and within the food and labour budget.
- Ensure proper staffing for maximum productivity.
- Ensure that all the staff is constantly trained to affect a good portion control and a pleasing presentation of dishes.
- Ensure that all staff is dressed correctly to satisfy statutory requirements as well as enhance the image of the establishment.
- Being responsible for the HACCP for all areas within the kitchen and ensure they are maintained.
- Ensure that all menus are constantly updated when deemed necessary.
- Ensure that all menus are correctly calculated to ensure maximum gross profit.
- Propose daily/weekly specials to always provide innovative and exciting dishes.
- Prepare the necessary data for the projection of the budget and take corrective action as necessary to ensure targets are met.
- Being responsible for the wastage of food and theft from the kitchen.
- Approve all requisitions and other food supplies.
- Develop standard recipes, portion control and techniques to assure presentation and consistency.
- Ensure that the product constantly meets or exceeds the guests’ expectations.
- Communicate with the food and beverage department about food production aspects for events and banqueting.
- Liaise with the management daily regarding special requirements, VIPs functions and others.
- Assist in conjunction with the food and beverage department in maintaining high level of service principles in accordance to the standards of the establishment.
- Ensure that sufficient stocks of all materials are being kept and stored under the correct conditions.
- Ensure that all statutory hygiene requirements are diligently followed.
- Ensure that maintenance problems are promptly reported.
- Ensure that attendance registers are kept daily and that any absenteeism is reported to management without delay.
- Compile rosters and weekly timesheets in accordance with the HR procedures.
- Delegate workload to subordinates fairly and consistently while continually striving to improve the flow of production.
- Perform any duties as may arise, related to operations requirements, as instructed by the Executive Chef, Food and Beverage Manager and/or the General Manager.
- A team player who takes initiative and decisions when not supervised
- A good standard of education
- Fluency in English
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar role
- Willing to work flexible hours including weekends
- Proved track record in leading a team