Outpatient Nurse (Applicants must be EU Nationals)
Reports to: Nursing Officer/Head of Department
One of our clients, a private hospital, is looking for an Outpatient Nurse to provide care for outpatients and clinical support to physicians.
- Providing high quality nursing skills and patient care, including wound care, administration of vaccinations and medication, as required, taking parameters, performing ECGs, and assisting Physicians and Resident Medical Officers.
- Consulting and coordinating with the health care team to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care.
- Recording and maintaining accurate and complete health care records including vital signs and medical information.
- Monitoring, reporting and recording symptoms or changes in the patients’ condition, for example with reference to wound care and monitoring of parameters and ECGs.
- Preparing and administering medications as prescribed and recording all entries of medication administration accurately.
- Reporting any suspected adverse drug reaction immediately to the medical team and pharmacist.
- Initiating and providing education to patients and relatives on how to manage their conditions and emphasising on home care needs.
- Preparing consulting rooms with the necessary consumables and tools required by the particular attending specialists and ensuring that the rooms are clean and ready to welcome patients.
- Responding immediately to life-saving/emergency care situations.
- Providing doctors with refreshments, where possible.
- Fostering a supportive and compassionate environment to care for patients and their families.
Other roles and responsibilities:
- To establish and maintain good working relationships with all departments and branches in the Group.
- To be courteous and professional, at all times, with both clients, colleagues and service providers.
- To report all incidents and accidents appropriately and in a timely manner.
- To abide by Company policies and protocols, at all times, and to ensure implementation of new protocols.
- To supervise and coordinate activities of the junior nursing staff/health care assistants.
- To assist with the induction of new staff.
- To be responsible and accountable for own nursing practice and actions.
- To report breakages and malfunctioning equipment to the Nursing Officer or the relevant department.
- To ensure a safe hygienic environment is maintained for the benefit of patients/clients, staff and visitors.
- To contribute to the general management and day to day workings of the unit by being an effective member of the clinical team and supporting senior staff.
- To maintain and develop professional knowledge and competence. Ensure all mandatory training is current and updated.
- To remain flexible, at all times, with regards to shift rotation.
- To carry out other departmental duties as required and requested, within the remit of a professional nurse.
- Recognised degree in nursing.
- Current licensure as a registered nurse with the Nurse and Midwifery Council of Malta.
- Current BLS certification; ILS certification desirable.
- Be computer literate and conversant with the updated Hospital Information System.
- Be able to work on own initiative, especially when under pressure.
- Extensive knowledge of nursing care methods and procedures.
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, relatives, and hospital staff at all levels of the organisation.
- Possess excellent customer care skills.
- Be a team player with effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be responsible and compassionate.
- Possess good time management skills.
- Possess excellent organisation skills.
- Be diligent, dependable and able to take decisions autonomously.
- Possess excellent written and spoken English.
- Be professional at all times.
IMMEDIATE PLACEMENTS for candidates with fluent English, meeting all the above requirements.