The position for a Pharmacist has arisen in a well-established pharmacy in Malta. We are looking for an enthusiastic, open-minded and motivated candidate who would able to work various weekday & weekend shifts.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Dispensing prescription medicines to the public, checking dosage and ensuring that medicines are correctly and safely supplied and labeled;
- Keeping a register of controlled drugs & POM for legal and stock control purposes as required by law
- Liaising with doctors about prescriptions; short-dated medicines;
- Temperature monitoring
- Selling over-the-counter medicines;
- Counseling and advising the public on the treatment of minor ailments and any adverse side-effects of medicines or potential interactions with other medicines/treatments;
- Providing specialist health check services, such as monitoring blood pressure and cholesterol levels, diabetes screening and pregnancy testing to comply with SOPs available;
- Give clinical advice at a side when the situation calls for privacy;
- Overseeing the ordering and safe storage and rotation of medical products in accordance with company procedures and policies;
- Keeping up-to-date with current pharmacy practice, new drugs and their uses;
- Managing, supervising and training pharmacy assistants;
- Selling healthcare and other products, such as toiletries and cosmetics;
- Minimize expiries – exchanging goods with agents using respective SOPs.
- Offer alternatives to OTCs in a non hesitant fashion by clearly explaining to client the equality to the original product.
- Regularly reviewing SOPs to keep updated on procedures required by the company.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Qualified pharmacist with (B.Pharm) or (M.Pharm) degree from an EU country
- In possession of an EU PharmA License
- Ideally with experience in the Retail Community Pharmacy Sector
- Language: Fluent English speaking (other language a plus)
What our client is offering…
- Competitive EU Salary (depending on knowledge and experience)
- 1 year full-time contract 40-hour work week
IMMEDIATE PLACEMENTS for candidates with English language knowledge, meeting all the above requirements and skills.