Purchasing Executive (Must be in Malta/EU National)
One of our clients, an operator within the furniture and furnishings industry, is looking for a Purchasing Executive to join their team. The chosen applicant will be responsible for buying products, raw materials or services that are needed to maintain the smooth functioning of their operations.
- Be responsible for the Forward Buying Plan
- Be responsible for the Average Transportation Costs
- Be responsible for the Order Accuracy
- Plan, manage and evaluate logistics operations liaising with internal stakeholders, suppliers, logistics providers, transportation companies and customers
- Send RFQs to suppliers in a timely manner and confirm Purchase Orders to suppliers as soon as notified that the Order is correct and complete.
- Ensure that all Orders are priced correctly as regards our established coefficient with the cost of goods.
- To communicate with the Administration Manager the correct payment to be issued to the Supplier.
- Create and implement best practice logistics principles, policies and processes across the organisation to improve operational and financial performance
- Deliver solutions to logistics problems while maintaining high levels of quality and service within budgetary requirements
- Monitor quality, quantity, delivery times, and transport costs
- Negotiate rates and contracts with transportation and logistics providers and ensure timely booking with them for the delivery of goods as agreed with the Client.
- Recommend optimal transport modes, routes or frequency
- Select carriers/suppliers and monitor service against performance criteria
- Ensure carrier compliance with company policies or procedures for product transit or delivery Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports or exports or customer issues
- Review impact of logistics changes, such as routing, shipping modes, product volumes or carriers and report results to others
- Assess and make recommendations for logistics processes in potential new facilities or plants and advise of cost implications and efficiency
- Support continuous improvement initiatives and identify inefficiencies and cost optimisation opportunities
- Identify and resolve any inventory discrepancies and ensure inventory and system records are in agreement
- Identify savings by removing waste or unnecessary steps in the logistics process
- Interpret trends and analyse and review data. Provide meaningful logistics data to others in the organisation to aid customer service and cost improvements
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all connected with the logistics process
- Ensure all completed orders are dispatched on time
- Ensure products are shipped appropriately to ensure quality of goods during transportation
- Ensure compliance with import/export regulations/customs regulations and legal and health and safety requirements
- Support new business initiatives and projects and contribute to review meetings and change process. Ensure effective logistics implementation takes place relating to the changes
- Proven work experience as a Purchasing Officer, Purchasing Agent or similar role
- Good knowledge of vendor sourcing practices (researching, evaluating and liaising with vendors)
- Understanding of supply chain procedures
- Solid analytical skills, with the ability to create financial reports and conduct cost analyses
- Negotiation skills
- Exhibit excellent communication, and organisational skills
- Have attention to detail and time management skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Possess problem-solving skills
Working Hours are from Monday to Friday between 8am-5pm.
IMMEDIATE PLACEMENTS for candidates with fluent English, meeting all the above requirements.