Assistant Restaurant Manager
Assistant Restaurant Manager – MUST BE IN MALTA OR EU CITIZENS
One of our clients, a casual restaurant located in the North of the Island, is looking for an ”Assistant Restaurant Manager’ to join the service team.
The chosen applicant will be assisting the Restaurant Manager in organising and maximising the efficiency and financial performance of the Restaurant, and in achieving all targets relating to cost control, standards and quality.
- Assists the Restaurant Manager by maintaining and improving the Food and Beverage Service, productivity, manning levels, effective people management and assisting in training as needed.
- Takes full responsibility for the Front of House in the absence of the Restaurant Manager.
- Ensures that all menu items and prices on the Restaurant POS System and customer menus are up to date.
- Knows all menus and their contents to assist waiting staff and customers as needed and guide accordingly.
- Supervises Restaurant staff, verifying that all areas are neat and tidy and clean
- Ensures that the Restaurant is ready for guests and that it is neat and orderly at all times.
- Inspects and ensures that all equipment is in good working order and clean.
- Informs waiters about any last minute arrangements and coordinates with kitchen accordingly.
- Ensure that the Restaurant tables are set up in preparation for service.
- Inspects all equipment on a regular basis to ensure that it is safe and in good condition and conforms with all local laws as well as HACCP.
- Takes the initiative to recommend any improvements in methods or work practices, or any changes needed in equipment and lay out to the Restaurant Manager.
- At least 2 years’ of experience in current role, ideally with experience in fast-paced venue
- Must be standards driven and detail-oriented
- Must have the ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment
- Must be flexible with regards to hours
- Must have excellent self-presentation
- Should have basic knowledge of HACCP
- Catering & Hospitality vocational degree/certification a plus
- Good command of spoken/written English
✔ IMMEDIATE PLACEMENTS for candidates meeting all the above requirements and skills.