Restaurant Supervisor (casual dining)
Restaurant Supervisor (casual dining) – MUST BE IN MALTA
Reports to: Restaurant Manager
To assist the Restaurant Manager in organising and maximising on the efficiency and financial performance of the Restaurant, and in achieving all targets relating to cost control, standards and quality. The Front of House Supervisor is expected to perform all of the duties of a commis waiter when needed.
The employee is expected to provide an efficient and pleasant dining experience to the Guests dining in the Restaurant/Hotel Restaurant in line with Company Policies and Procedures and in a true spirit of Hospitality. Additionally, this employee is responsible for training and assisting any new employees.
- Assists the Restaurant Manager by maintaining and improving the Food and Beverage Service, productivity, manning levels, effective people management and assisting in training as needed.
- Takes full responsibility for the Front of House in the absence of the Restaurant Manager/ Assistant Manager.
- Ensures that all menu items and prices on the Restaurant POS System and customer menus are up to date.
- Knows all menus and their contents to assist waiting staff and customers as needed and guide accordingly.
- Supervises Restaurant staff, verifying that all areas are neat and tidy and clean
- Ensures that the Restaurant is ready for guests and that it is neat and orderly at all times.
- Inspects and ensures that all equipment is in good working order and clean.
- Informs waiters about any last minute arrangements and coordinates with kitchen accordingly.
- Ensure that the Restaurant tables are set up in preparation for service.
- Inspects all equipment on a regular basis to ensure that it is safe and in good condition and conforms with all local laws as well as HACCP.
- Takes the initiative to recommend any improvements in methods or work practices, or any changes needed in equipment and lay out to the Restaurant Manager.
- At least 2 years of experience in current role, ideally with experience in fast-paced venue
- Must be standards driven and detail-oriented
- Must have the ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment
- Must be flexible with regards to hours
- Must have excellent self-presentation
- Should have basic knowledge of HACCP
- Catering & Hospitality vocational degree/certification a plus
- Good command of spoken/written English
✔ IMMEDIATE PLACEMENTS for candidates meeting all the above requirements and skills.