The Retail Manager is accountable for leading the performance of the team, guest experience and operations for a multi-brand, multi-boutique environment on a premier luxury cruise ship.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Team Leadership & Talent Development
- Establishes and holds individuals responsible to guest and sales targets.
- Ensures the sales team is skilled as per company’s standards, sales oriented and has good product knowledge.
- Provides feedback and coaching to ensure Cruise Line guest experience standards are championed while driving business performance.
- Conducts ongoing talent assessment and establishes development plans.
- Addresses associate concerns in a reasonable and fair manner, helping to create a stronger, healthier place to live and work.
- Partners with home office on talent development, succession planning, and performance management.
2. Multi-Boutique Retail Sales & Store Operations
- In partnership with the District Manager, develops sales strategies to meet or exceed guest service ratings and established financial objectives.
- Targets guest information, provided by the cruise line, to enhance guest experience and maximise revenue.
- Analyses performance, recommends changes, and implements actions to increase results.
3. Guest Experience & Onboard Relationship Management
- Creates a friendly atmosphere that is consistent with the company’s standards.
- Maintains a strong floor presence ensuring the team is delivering the best experience.
- Builds relationships with onboard management to provide transparency and foster collaboration.
- Reviews and utilises guest satisfaction surveys to provide recognition; develops and communicates strategies to boost results.
- Schedules and organises talent to meet guests and business needs.
4. In-Store & Marketing Event Management
- Elevates the guest experience by providing marketing visibility to high revenue categories.
- In partnership with the District Manager, sets an effective and accurate business plan, including a voyage planner.
- Leads the execution of retail marketing and merchandising strategies to achieve business growth targets.
- Instils and maintains an organised store and warehouse environment with the sales team.
5. Operational Excellence
- Oversees all store operational standards and administrative duties.
- Adheres to keeping the sales team informed and enforces all company’s policies and procedures, including asset protection and inventory control.
- Reports all incidents of illnesses/work related injuries in a timely manner.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of management experience in retail or hospitality; luxury guest experience is of interest.
- Demonstrated track record for driving sales in a multi-story/multi-branded retail environment.
- Proven track record of driving sales performance through business development activities including events, networking, and clientele.
- Strength in driving fine jewellery business.
- Experience with identifying, understanding, and catering to a multi-national guest profile in a retail environment
- Proven track record of developing and inspiring talent at all levels.
- Minimum of high school diploma, associate degree or beyond is preferred; studies in retail or hospitality is a plus
- Respects and understands others and displays multi-cultural awareness.
- Proactively builds and manages guest, management and team relationships.
- Flexible mindset, able to adapt and thrive in a dynamic and high paced ship culture.
- Influences others to embrace change and aligns teams to the vision.
- Able to anticipate and solve problems, act decisively, and persist in the face of obstacles.
- Able to assess people and has a proven record of talent development.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Possess integrity and professional business standards.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Able to travel and live/work on a ship. Able to work 6 months contracts. Able to work long hours.
- Possess a valid passport and when possible a seaman book.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Able to physically participate and effectively contribute in cruise line’s boat safety and emergency life-saving drills as required.
- Able to lift, pull, and push boxes of merchandise and fixtures throughout the store and lockers up to 55 lbs. using the appropriate safety equipment as required.
- Proficient English reading, writing and speaking skills.
ATTRACTIVE SALARY PACKAGE INCLUDING HIGH SALES COMMISSIONS AND BONUSES