Retail Sales Associate (Cruise Ship)
Retail Sales Associate (on Cruise ship)
A great opportunity has arisen to work onboard a premier luxury cruise ship as a Retail Sales Associate. The selected candidate will be part of a retail team, contributing to the excellent performance of the team, guest experience and operations for a multi-brand, multi-boutique environment onboard a leading cruise line company.
- Respects and understands others and displays multi-cultural awareness
- Be passionate about guest experience and the hospitality/retail industry
- Must be able to stay calm and perform well in busy and stressful situations in a constantly changing retail environment
- Must retain a high volume of information to answer questions about all products
- Lead by example of having a positive attitude
- Possess an open mind to new ideas
- Possess organizational and teamwork skills
- Possess exceptional guest relations and creative ideas when creating a special experience or moment for the guest
- Commit to exemplifying integrity and professional business standards
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft applications and POS software.
- 1+ years’ experience in retail or hospitality; luxury guest experience is of interest
- Proven track record driving sales performance through business development activities including product launches or events
- Possess minimum high school diploma, associate degree or beyond preferred; studies in retail or hospitality is a plus
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must be able to travel and live/work on a ship
- Must be able to work 6-month contracts, 7 days a week, up to 77 hours
- Possess a valid passport and when possible, a seaman book copy
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Able to physically participate and effectively contribute in cruise line’s boat safety and emergency lifesaving drills as required
- Able to lift, pull, and push boxes of merchandise and fixtures throughout the store and lockers up to 55 lbs. using the appropriate safety equipment as required
- Proficient English reading, writing and speaking skills
Candidate will be required to attend an online Zoom interview with a cruise line representative and if selected, will be given a join date and ship to work towards.
Any job offer will be subject to the candidate passing the medical 100% (no grey areas), sourcing the US C1/D visa and successfully going through the on-boarding process completely.