Retail Store Manager (Cruise Ship)
Retail Manager (Cruise Ship)
Reports to: District Manager
A great opportunity has arisen to work onboard a premier luxury cruise ship as a Retail Manager. The selected candidate will be accountable for leading the performance of the team, guest experience and operations for a multi-brand, multi-boutique environment onboard a leading cruise line company.
- Team Leadership & Talent Development
- Multi-Boutique Retail Sales & Store Operations Champions the cruise line company’s way
- Model the Guest Experience & Onboard Relationship Management
- In-Store & Marketing Event Management
- Exhibit Operational Excellence
- Minimum 3- 5 years of management experience in retail or hospitality; luxury guest experience is of interest
- Demonstrated track record for driving sales in a multi-story/multi-branded retail environment
- Proven track record of driving sales performance through business development activities including events, networking, and clientele
- Strength in driving fine jewelry business
- Experience with identifying, understanding, and catering to a multi-national guest profile in a retail environment
- Proven track record of developing and inspiring talent at all levels
- Minimum of high school diploma, associate degree or beyond is preferred; studies in retail or hospitality is a plus
- Proficient knowledge of MS Excel, Word and Power Point
Mandatory / Non-negotiables:
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Is able to travel and live/work on a ship
- Able to work 6-month contracts, 7 days a week, up to 77 hours
- Possess a valid passport and when possible, a seaman book copy
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Able to physically participate and effectively contribute in cruise line’s boat safety and emergency life-saving drills as required
- Able to lift, pull, and push boxes of merchandise and fixtures throughout the store and lockers up to 55 lbs. using the appropriate safety equipment as required
- Proficient English reading, writing and speaking skills.
Candidate will be required to attend an online Zoom interview with a cruise line representative and if selected, will be given a join date and ship to work towards.
Any job offer will be subject to the candidate passing the medical 100% (no grey areas), sourcing the US C1/D visa and successfully going through the on-boarding process completely.