Looking for a Sous Chef for a number of our clients. The chosen applicant will be responsible for planning and managing food preparation in the restaurant kitchen. As assistant to the head chef or the head chef’s second in command, the selected candidate will be performing a range of duties including planning menus, training new staff, and recording inventory.
- Help in the preparation and design of all food and drinks menus
- Produce high quality plates both design and taste wise
- Ensure that the kitchen operates in a timely way that meets our quality standards
- Fill in for the Executive Chef in planning and directing food preparation when necessary
- Resourcefully solve any issues that arise and seize control of any problematic situation
- Manage and train kitchen staff, establish working schedule and assess staff’s performance
- Order supplies to stock inventory appropriately
- Comply with and enforce sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with co-workers and customers
- Culinary school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in Mediterranean and Italian Cuisine
- Multitasking skills and efficiency
- High performance even when working under pressure
- Experience working in high-volume kitchens
- Must be ready to work long and flexible hours during peak season
- Must have good spoken and written English
Candidates must be EU citizens or in Malta at present.
- IMMEDIATE PLACEMENTS for candidates meeting all the above requirements and skills.