A great opportunity has arisen to work onboard cruise and river ships as Utility Staff. The selected candidate is to provide high standards and consistency of cleanliness of the crockery at all times. In charge of absolute cleanliness and tidiness in the scullery in accordance with the company’s standards and operating procedures.
- Professional cleaning of crockery
- Cleanliness and order in the scullery / dish-washing area
- Regular cleaning of the kitchen area as per instructions from the supervisor
- Separation and disposal of waste / garbage
- Assistance to supervisors in placing orders for cleaning materials and relevant equipment
- Perfect order and cleanliness in working area in accordance with HACCP standard
- Correct handling, cleanliness and maintenance of all equipment and products
- Conduction of stock takes; inventory according to company procedures
- Preparation of opening and closing ships at start and end of season
- Ensuring food safety, highest level of cleanliness in the galley and production areas at all times in accordance with company’s standards and HACCP procedures
- Participation in loadings
- Correct storage of stock; establishing of par levels
- Active participation in onboard training programs
- Luggage duty on embarkation and disembarkation day
- Assisting in basic food preparation
- Participate in departmental daily meetings and reunions
- Outstanding flexibility: must be able to work during different times of the day, under pressure and always focused, even under difficult conditions, a positive can-do attitude and showcasing the best image of the company
- Be fully proficient and knowledgeable about the scope of work
- Understand and be knowledgeable about menu cycles
- Knowledgeable of daily program, itinerary ports of call and shore excursions
- Full knowledge of safety and security procedures
- Participation in all training concerning safety and security, fire prevention, evacuation exercises and other mandatory training as required by the company
- Good spoken English skills, itinerary and port related language in addition is an advantage
- Experience in a similar position and same industry is considered an asset
- Ability to work independently, service-oriented and guest-focused
- Flexibility and stress resistance, team-player, committed, positive personality, neat and professional appearance
- Must be well groomed and maintain impeccable hygiene standards
- Extensive walking required and ability to stand on feet for a long time
- Hours may vary based upon organisational needs and operational demands
Cruise ships roles are subject to appearance standards (including in relation to visible tattoos) and employees are expected to project a professional image at all times.
Visible tattoos are not permitted on all vessels. Tattoo removal is not encouraged and is the candidate’s personal decision.
Any offer of employment is subject to all mandatory medical examinations as required by the respective company.