Wards Staff Nurse
Wards Staff Nurse (Applicants must be EU Nationals)
Reports to: Nursing Officer/Head of Department
One of our clients, is looking for a Wards Staff Nurse to care for people who are sick, injured, convalescent or disabled. S/he will deliver individualised care to patients utilising the nursing processes of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation and evaluation, in accordance with established nursing practice, ethics and the Hospital’s Policies.
- Provide bedside care for a wide variety of medical patients, including pre- and post-surgery patients.
- Consult and coordinate with the health care team to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care.
- Assess, implement, plan and evaluate nursing care plans by working collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team.
- Record and maintain accurate and complete health care records including vital signs and medical information.
- Monitor, report and record symptoms or changes in the patients’ condition.
- Prepare and administer medications as prescribed and record all entries of medication administration accurately.
- Report any suspected adverse drug reaction immediately to the medical team and pharmacist.
- Initiate and provide education accordingly to patients and relatives on how to manage their illness/surgery and emphasising on home care needs.
- Accompany specialists during ward rounds and ensure that changes in patient care are communicated to colleagues.
- Respond immediately to life-saving/emergency care situations.
- Actively lead and participate in the discharge planning process.
- Foster a supportive and compassionate environment to care for patients and their families.
- To establish and maintain good working relationships with all departments in the Hospital.
- To be courteous and professional, at all times, with both clients, colleagues and service providers.
- To report all incidents and accidents appropriately and to write out reports accordingly and in a timely manner.
- To abide by Company policies and protocols, at all time, and to ensure implementation of new protocols, as required.
- To carry out other departmental duties as required and requested within the remit of a professional nurse.
- To supervise and coordinate activities of the junior nursing staff/health care assistants.
- To assist with the induction of new staff.
- To be responsible and accountable for own nursing practice and actions.
- To report breakages and malfunctioning equipment to the Nursing Officer or the relevant department (Biomedical or Engineering).
- To ensure a safe hygienic environment is maintained for the benefit of patients/clients, staff and visitors.
- To contribute to the general management and day to day workings of the unit by being an effective member of the clinical team and supporting senior staff.
- To maintain and develop professional knowledge and competence. Ensure all mandatory training is current and updated accordingly.
- To participate in standard Setting and Quality Assurance Programmes for the unit.
- To remain flexible, at all times, with regards to shift rotation.
- Recognised degree in nursing
- Current licensure as a registered nurse with the Nurse and Midwifery Council of Malta
- Extensive knowledge of nursing care methods and procedures
- Knowledge of emergency care
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, families and all medical and hospital staff at all levels of the organisation
- A team player with effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Responsible and compassionate
- Basic computer skills
- Good time management
- Excellent organisation skills
- Professional and friendly attitude.
IMMEDIATE PLACEMENTS for candidates with fluent English, meeting all the above requirements.