Warehouse Operator – Driver
Warehouse Operator – Driver (Must be in Malta and speak fluent Maltese and English)
Reporting to the: Location Manager.
Our Client, one of the leading importers and distributors of food, confectionery, personal care items, and detergents in Malta, is looking to employ a full-time Warehouse Operator to join their warehouse and distribution team. Only candidates with experience driving heavy vehicles will be considered for the role.
Loading of vehicles
You are to ensure that:
- Before loading, the box of the vehicle is clean and swept if necessary.
- The goods are placed in an orderly manner so that the deliveryman can locate and extract them easily.
- The goods are placed safely in the vehicle to avoid any damage.
Delivering (in the case of Licence C holders)
- You are to ensure that:
- Your route is planned in the most efficient way, taking into account any delivery instructions.
- The correct goods are delivered to the proper customer according to the invoice.
- Any signatures and payments are collected as required and that all payments collected are deposited with the Warehouse Cashier.
- The goods on any Collection Notes are collected and deposited with the storekeeper if good stock or with the person responsible for destroying damages if damaged or expired stock.
- A Return Note is raised for any goods not delivered.
Reach Truck operation (In the case training is provided)
You are to ensure that:
- You use the replenishment report to replenish goods.
- Goods are replenished in accordance to the stock rotation rules (FEDO & FIFO).
- You operate the RT within the 3m safe distance.
- Anyone using the RT cage is properly secured.
Other tasks and duties include:
- As and when required, you are to assist in the delivery of goods to customers.
- You are to use the palletiser to move pallets from one place to another as required.
- You are to assist in the clearing and stacking of empty pallets.
- You discard plastic/cardboard packaging and empty boxes in the appropriate bins and skips.
- You may be required to perform banding and labelling of promotional offers as directed by management.
- Make sure that the picking area is in a clean state and that the products are in order and in their proper place. You are to immediately advise your Manager if any products are found to be expired or close to their expiry or best before date. You must ensure that loose items are placed in a box or crate.
- You may be asked to carry out Baling, destruction of damages and distribution of diesel to company vehicles, in which case training will be provided.
- You may be asked to perform vehicle sanitisations, in which case training will be provided.
- You are to report any damaged, defective and expired products to management and place them in their appropriate place as directed.
- You may be required to fill the Group’s vehicles with diesel. In such cases you are to keep the related records updated.
- At all times you must take proper care of the company’s property, machinery and products. You are to report any damages and malfunctions to management.
- You are to assist warehouse by carrying out messenger duties and errands.
Applicants MUST have experience driving heavy vehicles.
IMMEDIATE PLACEMENTS for candidates meeting all the above requirements and skills.