Wine bar manager needed in Valletta
We are looking for an experienced Manager / Sommelier to act as our wine expert, assist staff with wines and serving techniques, recommend wine to the patrons and take care of our wine cellar stock levels. Potential candidate will have ability to work in one of the most iconic wine bars in Malta.
Manager activities include recommending wine varieties to our guests, supervising wine serving and collaborating with winemakers to renew our selections and achieve better prices. To be qualified for this role, you should have relevant experience in hospitality or a vineyard and be available to work during business hours.
Ultimately, you will delight our guests by helping them choose the best wine to complement their meal.
- Create and update the wine list in coordination with bar owners
- Recommend food and wine pairings
- Advise guests on wines based on their personal tastes and food choices
- Inform guests about different varieties of wines and prices
- Ensure wines are served at the right temperature and within the proper glassware
- Store open bottles properly to maintain strong taste
- Manage wine cellar and ensure it’s fully-stocked
- Train wait staff on available wines and ways of serving
- Negotiate purchase prices with vendors
- Organize wine tasting days or “wine of the month” events
- Educate other restaurant personnel about wines and spirits
- Comply with all health and safety regulations
- Experience as a Sommelier, Wine Steward or similar role
- Ability to create tasteful food and wine pairings
- Extensive knowledge of different wines and which regions produce each type
- Knowledge of local vineyards and wineries
- Understanding of the winemaking process
- Good communication skills
- Availability to work during opening hours, including weekends and holidays
- Flexibility to travel occasionally to meet with wine producers and visit wine-tasting events
- Certification as a Sommelier or degree in hospitality is a plus
Successful Candidate▪︎ Excellent communication skills ▪︎ Good English communication skills ▪︎ 2-3 years Experience as Sommelier or Wine waiter ▪︎ Smart appearance ▪︎ Team player ▪︎ EU candidates welcome.
Hot jobs at M Recruitment
Restaurant Manager for High-End restaurant
Restaurant Manager – Top Hotels
St. Julians, Malta
Perks & Benefits
Competitive EU Salary
Full time job with very competitive wage in Malta, depending on your experience.
Montly Bonuses / Tips
This position is great for self-starters, cause we offer monthly performance bonuses.
Right candidate will communicate with our wine suppliers and attend numerous wine testing events in order to gather more knowledge and successfully communicate with our wine merchants
Apply for this job
Interested but still have questions? Contact one of our Recruiters.
You are interested in this or other positions on our site but still have some questions? Register your details and ask a question and one of our recruitment specialists will contact you back to answer or set up an inteview.