One of our clients is looking for a Plant Technician to maintain, test troubleshoot and repair mechanical and electrical systems and associated equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Testing and replacing electrical and mechanical components.
- Diagnosing faults as per manufacturer’s procedures.
- Ensuring that equipment is serviced and that preventative maintenance is performed in an efficient manner.
- Record-keeping and following of preventive maintenance periodical planners.
- Any ad-hoc work that may occur due to business exigencies.
- Knowledge and operation of BMS (Building Management Systems) including scheduling of equipment to ensure that all the plants are not operating unnecessarily.
- Performing inspections and works on various building services systems.
- Daily checking of all pumps and recording daily readings.
- Report any noted problem that can cause major breakdowns.
- Upkeep the hotel’s plumbing system. Any water leak noticed or reported must be seen or reported immediately.
- Keep the plant room tidy and clean all the time.
- Responding promptly and efficiently to any maintenance calls that may arise.
- Carry out routine maintenance and repairs on all pool-related equipment including but not limited to pumps, filters, chlorinators, and piping.
- Carry out any modifications or new installations as needed.
- Minimum 1 to 2 years of experience in a similar role.
- Excellent written and communication skills particularly in English.
- Any certificates available will be assets.
- Excellent ability to communicate system problems to both co-workers and management for proper understanding.
- Decision-making and problem-solving on work-related issues.