Our client, is looking for a ‘Plumber’ on a full-time basis to join their Property Management sector. The duties involved include, installing, maintaining, and repairing pipes and fixtures associated with heating, cooling, water distribution, and sanitation systems in residential and commercial structures. The selected individual will also install domestic appliances, water pumps, heat pumps, water heaters and bathroom sanitary ware. Additionally, the chosen candidate would need to inspect drainage and other plumbing systems for compliance with local and national regulations.
- Interprets blueprints and building specifications to map layout for pipes, drainage systems and other plumbing materials
- Installs pipes and fixtures, such as sinks and toilets, for water, gas, steam, air, or other liquids
- Installs supports for pipes, equipment, and fixtures prior to installation
- Assembles fittings and valves for installation
- Modifies length of pipes, fixtures, and other plumbing materials as needed for a building
- Uses saws and pipe cutters as necessary
- Installs heating and air-conditioning systems, including water heaters
- Collaborates with contractors, construction workers, electricians, pipefitters, and steamfitters in installing and repairing plumbing
- Tests plumbing systems for leaks and other problems
- Analyses problem and identifies appropriate tools and materials for repair
- Chooses plumbing materials based on budget, location, and intended uses of building
- Follows health and safety standards and complies with building codes
- Writes report documenting the problem and summary of actions taken
- Performs inspections of plumbing systems to identify and replace worn parts
- Prepares bids and schedules and oversees other workers, such as apprentices and helpers
- Notify superiors on any tool damages
- Up keeping of tools and inventory
- Check stocking levels of all consumables and forward request for replacement to the company administrator or as advised by your manager.
- Check First Aid boxes every month and confirm that are well stocked.
- Adhere strictly to rules regarding health and safety and be aware of any company related practices.
- Collaborative, Problem-Solving and Analytical Skills
- Decision-Making Ability
- Customer-Service and Interpersonal Skills
- Physical Stamina and Strength
- Excellent Trouble-Shooting Ability
IMMEDIATE PLACEMENTS for candidates meeting all the above requirements and skills.