A great opportunity has arisen to work on cruise ships as a Retail Specialist in the most luxurious retail outlets onboard around the world! The selected candidate will be assigned a department or specialised area and will be responsible for delivering distinctive guest experiences whilst steering sales results as per company’s standards, expectations and targets.
Retail Specialists are expected to work in very Fine Jewellery and/or Swiss Watch areas, after being certified by the Company.
- Offers a guest-centric experience, builds trust as a credible expert through personal presence, social skills, general knowledge, and presentation
- Seeks to build deep relationships through the guest journey by sharing stories that inspire guests
- Provides an informed and accurate response about products and services offered reflecting a commitment to the guest
- Portrays a positive image of the onboard retail shops to all guests in order to build trust and credibility for the entire shop team
- Responds promptly to resolve guests’ requests and feedback, following up with guests as appropriate, escalating to management as necessary
- Achieves or exceeds personal sales goals to maximize revenue opportunities independently
- Drives positive energy and activity on the sales floor
- Delivers brand service strategies and supports product initiatives
- Understands the overall market, such as competitors’ products, strengths and weaknesses, market trends, guest demographics and other relevant factors
- Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs
- Utilises retail systems and procedures to enhance selling efficiencies
- Performs daily opening and closing procedures and is responsible for end of day point of sale audit
- Maintains selling floor presentations, marketing and restocks as needed
- Participates in company and cruise line trainings as required
- Adheres to all company’s policies and procedures
- Is willing to cross-train and work in all areas/locations as required
- Able to physically participate and effectively contribute in cruise line’s boat safety and emergency life-saving drills as required
- A minimum experience of 1 year in retail or hospitality; experience in luxury retail guest experience is an asset
- 6 months shipboard experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability selling Jewellery/Watches/Beauty products of very high value
- Demonstrated track record for driving sales through building loyal customer relationships
- A high school diploma / post-secondary level of education preferred; studies in retail or hospitality is a plus
- Ability to respect and understand others, showing a multi-cultural awareness
- Passion for selling a wide assortment of high-end and luxury products in a sophisticated retail environment
- Showing experience in selling through proactively managing client relationships
- Able to retain a high volume of information to answer questions about all products
- Able to stay calm and perform well in busy and stressful situations in a constantly changing retail environment
- Promotes the success of team members
- Possesses exceptional guest relations and strong communication skills
- Accommodate a diverse customer base, preference may be given to bilingual candidates depending on the needs of the assigned ship and its’ location
- Commitment to integrity and professional business standards
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft applications and POS software
- Success in achieving sales targets
- Focus on self-development
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Able to travel and live/work on a ship.
- Able to work 6 months contracts.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Able to lift, pull, and push boxes of merchandise and fixtures throughout the store and lockers up to 55 lbs. using the appropriate safety equipment as required.
- Proficient reading, writing and speaking skills in English.