One of our clients in the FMCG industry is looking for a District Manager to oversee two to three stores in one district and make sure they are operating efficiently. To be a leader for his/her respective team, work hands-on when needed to help Sales Associates. District Managers are relied upon by Store Managers, who look to them for guidance, strategy, and leadership.
The District Manager ensures high quality standards by frequent visits to the shops, ensuring staff are happy and consumers are satisfied throughout their experience. The District Manager is also in charge of cost optimisation, adhering to corporate standards, and enforcing health and hygiene laws in the supervised shops.
- Economic management of 2-3 shops in a given District;
- Visiting stores regularly and set focus points with Store Managers;
- Support the Store Managers to recruit, train and develop their teams;
- Collaborate with and mentor Store Managers on their store performance;
- Help your Store Managers in problem-solving and address any issues they escalate to you;
- Visit the head office for monthly meetings;
- Lead and motivate teams to work to their full potential every day and in accordance with Company’s procedures;
- Create a healthy work environment
- Maximization of turnover by defining, with the support of the Store Manager, the best commercial strategies aligned with the company directives. From product exposure to sales strategies, every detail will be aimed at a successful result
- Analysis and monitoring of KPIs to define challenging goals and ensure their achievement
- The flexibility to work different shifts including night shifts, weekends and public holidays;
- Fluent knowledge of the English language is a must;
- Knowledge of the Maltese or Italian languages will be considered an asset;
- Experience of leading and developing a team in a fast-paced, target-driven environment;
- Excellent time-management, delegation and problem-solving skills;
- A customer-focused manner, prioritising the customer experience at all times;
- Willingness to be continuously on the go, working alongside your team;
- Excellent communication skills so you can provide your colleagues with feedback to help develop themselves and the store.